Benefits of Action Rhymes
At Keiki Early Learning we firmly believe in the benefits of action rhymes starting with Babies who enjoy hearing familiar songs. As a high quality child care centre we provide an educational environment that helps the children attending to fulfil their potential. As children progress through the Toddler and Kindy Room their repertoire increases and days are full of music and singing. Our enthusiastic, highly trained Educators enjoy watching the children become familiar with the words and start to play word games with the language.
What are action songs?
Action songs are songs or nursery rhymes with sing-song phrases and movements. Benefits to your child include enhancing creative language, vocabulary and motor skills. Your child will also enjoy making up your own family songs.
There are lots of benefits to learning Action Rhymes. Here are some:
- Hand-eye co-ordination is enhanced by Action Songs. Try Incy Wincy Spider! click here
- Listening skills and the ability to follow directions. Action songs benefit both these areas. Try Simon Says!
- Language skills are enhanced. Try Knickerbocker, Knickerbocker, number 9. click here
- Reading readiness is enhanced by Action Songs. Try The ABC Song. click here
- Creativity is promoted by Action songs. Try ‘Wheels on the Bus’. click here
- Social skills are enhanced. Try If You’re Happy and You Know It. click here
- Children’s action rhymes foster self-confidence. Try Ram Sam Sam. Click here
- Action rhymes help develop a love of music. Try ‘Sing, Sing a Song’. click here
- Children’s action songs help to reinforce core educational concepts such as colours, counting, animals and the ABC. Try 1,2,3,4 by Feist on Sesame Street. click here
- Reading readiness is supported by building recognition of letters and sounds. Try ‘When Goldilocks went to the House of the Bears’. click here
- Action songs develop gross and fine motor skills. Try ‘I Can Be a Kangaroo’. click here
- And of course, action songs are fun and engaging. Try ‘Galumph Went The Little Green Frog’. click here
Action Rhymes at Keiki Early Learning
Music and movement is a part of every day at Keiki Early Learning. For more suggestions on action rhymes and songs we enjoy with children on a daily basis, contact your local Keiki Early Learning school today.