Homemade Baked Beans
Make your own baked beans at home!
This quick and simple recipe tastes yummy and takes 15minutes from start to end. Making your baked beans at home also means it has less salt and sugar than the tinned version, which is a healthier option for young tummies. You can also jazz the recipe up by adding fresh herbs like parsley, or spices such as smoked paprika.
Enjoy your homemade beans with a slice of toast, or serve it as a side to scrambled eggs and avocado for a big breakfast treat!
Homemade Baked Beans Recipe
An tasty breakfast recipe from Keiki Early Learning:
- 400g tin cannellini or butter beans
- 1/2 cup smooth ricotta
- 400g tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- In a food processor, blend tomatoes, ricotta, lemon juice and garlic until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and simmer for 10minutes
- Stir through the beans and continue to simmer until the beans are warmed through.
- Remove from the heat, stir through the cheese until it is melted. Serve with warm toast and enjoy.
Keiki Early Learning
At Keiki Early Learning our experienced cooks offer delicious and nutritionally balanced 4-week rotating menus. We cater to all dietary, cultural and medical needs and all of our rooms follow dietary and food allergy requirements, so no child is left unhappy or at risk.
We also provide progressive mealtimes with a relaxed atmosphere where children have the opportunity to choose when they would like to eat their meals. Visit our Food and Nutrition page for more information.