Is there anything more comforting than a hot bowl of soup on a chilly evening?
While the nights are cold, try cooking a batch of this tasty pumpkin soup with its extra delicious additions of coriander spice and creamy coconut milk. Don’t forget to serve it with a slice of crusty bread, then slurp and enjoy!
A belly-warming recipe from Keiki Edgewater:
- 500g pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 potato
- 250g risoni pasta
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 100ml coconut milk
- Bread to serve
- Heat oil in a large pot over low heat, add onion and cook until transparent.
- Add garlic and spices and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Place pumpkin, potato, and sweet potato in with the onion mix and add enough stock to cover vegetables.
- Bring to the boil then simmer. When vegetables are just tender add the risoni pasta. Cover and cook for a further 10 mins or until pasta is al dente.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool before blitzing the soup with a hand blender.
- Return to a low heat and gently stir through the coconut milk. Add more spices to taste if desired.
- Serve with slices of crusty bread.
Keiki Early Learning
At Keiki Early Learning our experienced cooks offer delicious and nutritionally balanced 4-week rotating menus. We cater to all dietary, cultural and medical needs and all of our rooms follow dietary and food allergy requirements, so no child is left unhappy or at risk.
We also provide progressive mealtimes with a relaxed atmosphere where children have the opportunity to choose when they would like to eat their meals. Visit our Food and Nutrition page for more information.